- Seeing the field – understanding our times – a situation analysis with links made to the challenges facing the early Church in pagan Roman times. Fallen-ness exposed: behavioural and historic forces at work, the Toynbee Effect.
- Defining the major terms Christians must understand
- Why the Church must leave the wilderness and face the three giants across the Jordan (The Problem). Embracing the great command and the great commission.
- The battle of world views – examining the deep divide between the Christian and liberal-corporatist world view.
- End game: the major goals for Christian social action and social service.
- Means of attack: – the 12 reform platform (how when where and why).
- The biblical and historic basis for action – aligned with God in hating what he says he hates.
- The western Church: weaknesses and strengths.
- The tactical ‘doctrines’ the NGC must adopt.
- How to transition to the Next Generation Church.
Format: Short presentations, Q/A discussion, exercises
Length: 5 hours, excluding breaks
Resources: Leaders notes, presentation power point slides and participants workbook.
Facilitators: Book Chris Salt to deliver or use a local person with the knowledge and skills. This person would need to read Against the Night and/or Issachar’s Call.