- Recognising the vital and co-equal role played by workers in generating products, services and wealth.
- Give workers more say in the everyday routines of a business with more than 100 employees.
- Using the proven model for workplace democracy pioneered by Enrico Semler.
- Maintainng free market, free enterprise capitalism without allowing unfettered control by a small business elite.
- Executive salaries will be pegged to no more than x10 average employee pay.
- Workers will have representation on boards of directors
- A component of worker salary will involve profit sharing and worker participation in shop-floor decision-making and managerial appointments.
- Local people’s courts will adjudicate in worker - employer disputes concerning contractual and conditions of work issues.
Major effects and benefits
- Ends the power of large corporations to run businesses solely for the benefit of stockholders and executives.
- Brings more transparency and accountability to business decisions
- Orientates businesses towards both social responsibility and profit.
- Incentivises a shift to smaller, local businesses over large global corporations.